Subject: External viewfinder
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:12:08 -0600

What advantage does an external viewfinder, attached to the hotshoe,
provide?  I would like to know why they are used instead of just using the
normal frames viewfinder on M cameras.  I can understand that for short
focal lengths, less than 28mm, the external finder allows you to see the
image area, and the camera's viewfinder window does not extend that wide,
but what advantage would say a 35mm or 50mm external viewfinder provide
that you don't already have built in to the camera?

- -GH