Subject: Re: CLE
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:37:21 -0800

Alastair Firkin wrote:
> Mr Rollei if he could be tempted to roll in behind the 3003 again. [vain
> hope, but how good would an autofocus version be? ;-)]

Alastair:

The 3003 is the 35mm system, yes?  I remember looking at it some years
ago as the one truly innovative system.  Especially for us location
shooters working with lights and needing a polaroid back, it seemed
wonderful.  Even the way it fit the hand.  The lenses were reported to
be excellent (typically Rollei), if limited in scope.

I especially loved the interchangeable backs.

Is the system still made??  Perhaps it was just too innovative for the
traditional market.

Donal Philby
San Diego