Subject: Summ. 35 (second vers)
From: "Hans Pahlen " <hp635@skola.mark.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:10:10 +0200

I am curious about the LUG:s opinions about the Summicron 35, second
version (with 6 elements, and a pin to set the f/stop). A year ago, I was
on a seminar in Gothenburg, discussing Leica M use. There I met a
photographer, who was very impressed with this lens. He told me, that every
time he was assigned to make a big enlargement, he borrowed this 35 mm lens
from a friend. He thought it was better than all the other variants (the
Summicron Asph was not aviliable then). The last time he used it was when
he made an enlargement as large as the wall, inside a bank office.
I have been thinking about his high regards about this lens, but I cannot
find any info about it on the web. Erwin Puts does not mention this version
at all.
Any opinions?

Regards, Hans