Subject: Re: 80-200 R Zoom Question
From: jay coleman <jcoleman@interport.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 19:00:28 -0400

>Jay:  Was it the new 80-200 lens for the R8, just released several months
ago?  I have this lens, and think it is pretty fine.  Ergonomically,
quite
easy to use with a nice balance between size and weight.  Easy zooming
and
focusing.  First few rolls on Kodacolor 200, absolutely stunning.
Suppose
that beauty is in the eyes..., etc.

Best regards,

Elliot<

Yes and no.  It was the same design but the three cam version released
last year.  I did not like the speed/weight compromise.  If I am going
to carry this lens instead of, say, a 90/2 Summicron, the loss of speed
is not worth it to me. etc.  But it is a good lens.

Jay Coleman