Subject: Re: 80-200 R Zoom Question
From: "Elliot M. Puritz, MD" <drpuritz@li.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 09:49:25 +0000

jay coleman wrote:

> Richard:

<snip>
> I had an 80-200/4 zoom.  I didn't like it that much.  It is a compromise
> in speed and weight -- f4 to make it light -- and I found I did not like
> the compromise.  It was both too heavy and too slow.

Jay:  Was it the new 80-200 lens for the R8, just released several months
ago?  I have this lens, and think it is pretty fine.  Ergonomically,  quite
easy to use with a nice balance between size and weight.  Easy zooming and
focusing.  First few rolls on Kodacolor 200, absolutely stunning.  Suppose
that beauty is in the eyes..., etc.

Best regards,

Elliot