Subject: Re: Electronic Flash
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 21:16:28 CDT

David,

>     One warning about using Metz units with the Leica R8 and SCA 3501
>     adapter: The 32Z-2 is not compatible with the Metz off-camera
>cord. I
>     found this out the hard way. Bogen (the US distributer) had to
>contact
>     Metz, Germany to get verification that this combination will not

Thanks for the information, I was not aware of this.  The Metz 32Z-2 is
on the way with the SCA 3501 adapter.  I do little macro and am sorry
that I won't be able to use the off-camera cord - but not sorry enough to
buy the 32Z-3 or 40MZ-2, or 3!  I use very little flash and am also
getting the little reflector screen (I had one of these before also).

What happens if you use the SCA 3501 adapter on an R4?? Can you use it in
"auto" non TTL??? Will it hurt the camera??? Of course I can always
change to the non TTL adapter that comes with the flash unit, but it is a
pain to change.

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK