Subject: Re: Choice of Flash
From: "Vahan D. Shahinian" <vshahinian@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:14:16 -0400

>What is your choice of electronic flash for use with an M6 or R8?

Richard,

I have been using the Metz 40MZ-3 with the SCA 3501 adapter for the past
few months, and I have found it to work very well. The SCA 3501 does an
excellent job of matching the flash capabilities to the R8 camera body. The
exposures were very accurate and the fill-flash functions worked as
expected to produce reasonably natural looking results.

The Metz "MZ" flashes have a motorized zoom head which automatically moves
appropriately if you have a ROM lens attached to the R8. You can also use
the SCA 351 adapter with the 40MZ-3 for use with the R7, if you have the
need.

I would like to get the handle attachment for the flash, since it's a bit
big and heavy sitting on top of the R8.

I don't use my M6 with a flash, so I have no particular opinions there. The
40MZ-3 would work fine with the M6, but many of it's features would not be
exploited by the M6.

Vahan