Subject: Re: Moss on DR Summicron
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:07:39 -0400

At 02:34 PM 19-08-97 -0400, Paul wrote:
>[snip]

>However, Dan Cardish responded to to my question earlier about the DR
>lens; he has a number about 45,000 higher than 2233899, but claims that
>his still focuses to 19 inches.
>
>BTW, only a few people sent me information about their lenses; only one
>person had a late lens, and that worked on an M6 after a little initial
>tightness. Nobody else who responded had any problems with the
>combination.

I just tested my M6 and DR Summicron.  The smallest distance actually
engraved on the lens barrel is 21", with a fair amount of travel beyone
that point.  When I carefully measured the distance from the point of
closest focus to the film plane, the distance turned out to be almost
exactly 19".

Dan C.