Subject: Re: Sales tax
From: wteeters@amug.org (Wilber J. Teeters)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:32:31 -0700 (MST)

Peerhaps I'm wrong, but being a little paranoid AND realistic, I belive
these reciprocal sales tax add-ons are b.s. and a dealer simply adds the
tax to his/her profit. There's no way on earth that my state can monitor
what a dealer in NY collects in Arizona sales tax, except through good
faith, the IRS,  and a devout belief in reciprocity (long exposures in
fading light :-). Anyway, I avoid outfits who charge state tax.

BT

                                              -