Subject: Re: What's Your Failure Rate?
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 18 Aug 97 01:01:18 EDT

Ben wrote:

<<<Ted's famous for his squishy pan stuff, which I suppose is also hand
held.>>>>>>

Ben, Ben, spell it right! :)  Do you want to ruin my international reputation
for "Swishy Pan" effects?

I mean it took me years to have the international sports set understand my
"swishy style" and that I made some money from those images :).
They are referred to by some as,  "BLURRY PICTURES" because he can't hold his
Leica steady any more. :) mean mothers they just don't understand how to hold a
Leica! :)

But like Ben, with practice and some body support, it is possible to shoot 1
second exposures and they will be sharp!

There are many doubters of the possiblility to shoot hand held 1 second
exposures and they are in greater number than those who dare try and succeed! If
one is going to try this there isn't any question you have to shoot more than
one frame no matter how good you think you are.

And I'm not successful every time,as I'm sure Ben isn't either, but if I'm in a
situation where the only way to get a photograph is use a hand held 1 second
exposure, then I go for it. I certainly would be terribly stupid to not try!
Many wouldn't as they just accept the philosophy that it is immpossible and on
that premise miss a wonderful 1 sec. moment!

ted