Subject: Re: R8 & Spotting Scope
From: JF <j_fritz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 06:17:57 -0700

> Has anyone used an R Leica with the photo adapter and the Leica > Spotting Scopes?

I have not used them; however, in my research last week, Keeble and
Schuchat, (a great camera store in Palo Alto, California) recommended
this combination in answer to my question about how best to shoot birds
with the Leica system.

> Don't quote me but I think the scope has the effect of about a
> ?500mm f10 lens.

He had these figures which I have now misplaced.

> Since I already have the spotting scope and the R camera, it would be > > nice to use them as a team.

I like birding, so this option sounded very appealing to me as well.

Keeble & Schuchat's number is (415) 327-8996.  I realize you're in the
east, but figured it wouldn't hurt if you couldn't find a resource any
closer.

I'd like to hear the details on what you come up with.--Jill