Subject: Re: 35/2.0 summicron
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 18:26:31 +0100 (BST)

At 12:08 16/08/97 +0800, you wrote:
<snip>
>also has anyone used b+w UV filters on their M lenses & any difference with
>the Leica UV filters ? mainly using this for protection.
>thanks,
>Ferdinand

I've found B+W, Heliopan and Leitz/Leica filters to all be comparable
optically, the main difference I've found is that the other brands have rims
of a slightly different size  and seem to cause problems with the push-on
lens caps, which only fit securely over Leica filters. But you can always
use snap-on caps instead.

Joe Berenbaum