Subject: Re: DM vs $
From: "bill erfurth" <photophoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:10:11 PDT

>      I have just heard that the price of a new M6, which has been
selling
>last week for less than $1895, will be going back up to around $2000
>again, due to the expected rise in DM to $ exchange ($=.53 DM) today.
>Be careful that you get the International Passport as there has been a
>great influx of "Gray Market M6s) and the usual cost to even check out
>an out of warranty M6 is about $130.
>
>Cheers -
>Marvin Moss

Hello Marvin,

My Leica rep told me about a week or so ago that the $500 rebate has
been extended through December 31, 1997.

Personally, I am not sure that the rebate is due to the drop in the
value of the DM vs. the US Dollar.  Because if this was true, Leica
would also be offering this or a similar rebate in the UK where the DM
has also dropped vs. the Pound Sterling...which they are not doing.

Best regards,
Bill Erfurth