Subject: Secret desire
From: "bill erfurth" <photophoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 20:25:58 PDT

>>>It begins to look like some folks just don't want to do anything
using
>their fingers and brains to take pictures any more.  They want the
camera=

>to do all their thinking for them and if they want all the BS bells and
>whistles, hell there are any number of "dumbell no thought P&S cameras"
o=
>the market! So why spend the money for a wonderfull camera like an M6,
th=
>en
>wish a bunch of two bit P&S simpleton elements to it!<<
>
>Amen!!!
>
>Regards,
>Don Bledsoe

Hello Don & others,

I have to confess to having this secret desire.

Now, if I do this I will be drumbed out of the professional photographer
ranks for life...but I still have the desire.

I want to take a chimpanzee and teach him how to point and push the
button on  an auto-focus, auto-exposure camera, with a motor drive.  All
I would have to do is load the film.  Now if you let the chimp shoot a
hundred rolls of film (3600 exposures) there are bound to be some good
shots in there.

Then you do a magazine artical or two on the photos without telling
anyone that a chimp shot them.  Then you get the chimp a stock agency.
Then you get the chimp in a show or two.  And then and only then you
tell everyohne that a chimp took the pictures.

And the funny part about this is that it can...and will be done sooner
or later.

Regards,
Bill