Subject: Re: "used" Old vs. brand new M lenses
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 10:47:02 -0700

Ferdinand U. LuDo wrote:

<snip>
> c.) for the 35 summicron, not much savings between the old and new lenses
> except if I go for the 35/2.8 summaron which will save me about
> $300-$400.00 I don't need to go for the large aperture on this focal range,
> I think the 2.8 would do. Stopped down, can u tell the difference between
> this and the new 35/2.0 summicron M ?

Ferdinand,

I used to have the f3.5 Summaron and at f5.6 could not tell the
difference between it and the 1st, (8 element) f2.0 Summicron.  I like
having the larger apertures available, and use them, but if you don't
need them the Summaron is a great lens.  Not sure how the f2.8 and f3.5
compare optically though.

Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown