Subject: Re: 35mm vs 2 1/4, my real world experience
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 13:43:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Duane -

I saw this in the LUG and couldn't help from commenting.  I am an avid user
of Leica M gear and absolutely adore the equipment and the images I create.

I also own Hasselblad equipment and, for certain situations (events and
portraiture), I love using it.  I have to say that not only do your
experiences with Hasselblad not compare with mine, the optical performance
you note is simply not true (the real test is using Hassy lenses on a 35mm
camera and blowing them up to 16X20 - stunning results).

My suspicion is that the lens mount on your Hasselblad was out of plane
(happens all the time and is adjusted during a genuine Hassy checkup) or,
for some reason, your camera was not focusable.  I have never had sharper
results with anything...period! and my 20X24s stand as ample evidence.

Best regards and happy shooting,

Curt