Subject: Re: Leica repairs
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 06 Aug 97 11:44:55 EDT

Ken Wilcox wrote:

<<<<<No wonder its six to eight weeks for some of us. "Pros" and walk-ins move
to the head of the cue.>>>>

Hi Ken,

I didn't see a "smiley" here, so therefore I have to take your comment as
somewhat of an afront to pros who earn their living taking pictures! I truly
hope you are not on our case because we work at taking pictures and it isn't a
part time hobby.

When I spend $20,000 for a lens and multi thousands more for other lenses and
camera bodies, you bet your sweet butt I expect that if something unfortuane
goes wrong with one of mine, I want it done immediately!  And to be told they
can't fix it as they have three amateur's cameras ahead of mine, forget it!

I don't like having gear go down at any time, but because they are tools of my
trade, therefore livelyhood, I want it fixed immediately! Or certainly loaner or
rental gaer to fill the void until the repair is completed.

Let me add that when a breakdown occurs, and it rarely happens with my Leica
gear, I phone immediately and book an appointment that the camera or whatever
is, is set for a time no different than calling my doctor and making an
appointment. And as I respond to my clients asking me to set a time for a shoot,
I do it and return with the material as the appointment is set as quickly as the
demand!.

And I expect Leica to respond in a similar manner! If one approaches the
situation in similar fashion and it is a crucial situation for an assignmnet
they will do everything possible to look after you. As has been my experience!

In the event I have offended you, it was not intended. I just wanted to make
sure there was a clear understanding that pro's do require faster service than
the amateur! Unfortunately you may not like the idea, but then that's our
livelyhood. :)

ted