Subject: Re: M6 viewfinder magnification
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:40 GMT0

Charlie wrote:

> I'm in no position to buy a new body right now. But I have heard
the
> Leica
> will put an M4 frameline set into an M6 for a fee. What are the
> framelines
> in the M4, M3?

It doesn't help you, the M4 finder is the same magnification as the
M6, it just has fewer frame lines. My understanding is that Leica
won't put an M3 finder in an M6, because that would make it
(effectively) a much cheaper way to get an M6J, and they don't want
you to do that.

It would be interesting to discover if an M3 finder would *fit* an
M6, though, and if this could be done by a reputable 3rd party
repairer. Of course then you'd need to find a trashed M3 to use as a
source.