Subject: Re: Where Angels Fear To Tread
From: Gerard Captijn <captyng@vtx.ch>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 11:51:51 +0200

>I have a suggestion to toss around.  How about using a prefix code in the
>subject box & members could quickly delete what they weren' interested in.
>as examples:
>NL -----------------none Leica
>BM-----------------bayonet mount
>H--------------------help
>R--------------------R
>Triv------------------trivia
>TechQ-------------technical question
>TechA-------------technical answer
>
>As I am a relatively new member to the LUG - would someone please tell who
>is the "Majordomo" that has the final say on the protocols of the group?
>
>Marvin Moss

Please contact Brian Reid, the list manager. I like your idea. If we could
get to a point that LUG members start their subject line with a two letter
code, one can set his filters such that he only sees what he is interested
in and the daily list number of messages could even be 200. Total freedom:
everybody can select to read what he likes and if one has the time to read
all messages he can as well. The codes and an explanation of the system
should be included in the message that new LUG members receive in order to
avoid problems with new members.  I have 2 concerns: are LUG members
interested in such a system and are we diciplined enough to start each
subject line with a two letter code?

My suggestion for a split would be:

MC - M cameras.
ML - M  lenses.