Subject: Re: Where Angels Fear To Tread
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 12:55:49 +0200

>Given that I'm six or more hours adrift of the posters in the US,
>and many messages are delayed by the random distribution nature
>of the internet, could you please tell me how I can *tell* that
>others have already responded?

>It seems to me that some of us are being criticised for lacking
>paranormal powers.

It has nothing to do with paranormal powers. I am on the digest and regularly
do the following:
1) Work through the digest, deleting those messages I don't need any more and
   don't want to reply to.
2) Reply to the messages IF STILL NECESSARY. Since I read the whole digest I
   know if someone else has already answered. Of course I know that I cannot
   know if in the meantime since reception of the digest a new answer was
   given.
3) I try to keep the quoted part as small as possible. It seems to me that
   more than half of the traffic is extensively quoted text. (You can see the
   text above, it lacks most of the original as well as Fred's and Jim's
   inputs.)

4) I like the LUG

christoph