Subject: Re: M6 Electronic
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:38:53 -0700

> It was funny, because I was standing in a bit of a line at last October's

> LHSA annual meeting in Tucson, talking with another local friend about
the
> M6J. The guy in front of me heard me, turned around, and unslung his from

> his neck and invited me to look at it! I swooned!
> --

Roger - I was there, too, and really admired that the guy was actually
*using* his M6J. Perhaps a century from now, his will be the more valuable
camera because of authenticated wear-marks, and the other 99% of M6J's will
just be in ho-hum mint condition!

If the LHSA line you were in was at the Desert Museum cafe, another "first"
happened there for me, too. A fellow from another table stopped by to chat
and set his M6 w/ 35mm Summicron on the table next to me. After some Leica
pleasantries, he went back to his own table, taking *my* M6 with him. A guy
at my table shot a quick glance at me, as if to say, "are you really
letting him walk with your camera?"  As the fellow sat down out of earshot
with my M6 , the rest of us began a friendly wager on how long it would
take him to recognize the mistake. Something must have felt wrong, because
in about one minute he looked down, turned the lens, looked puzzled for a
second, then made a beeline for our table, where our laughter confirmed his
suspicions. It was the first and only time my M6 was mistaken for a "twin".

BTW, are you or any other LUGers planning on LHSA in Charlotte, NC at the
end of October? I've been checking airlines and plan to go. Tucson was such
a kick, I can hardly stand to miss one now.

Gary Todoroff