Subject: Re: Where Angels Fear To Tread
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 15:40:58 -0700

Fred,

I agree with you about personal messages which are best left email.
Side bar jokes and oneupmanship remarks also seem very out of place to
me on a list that is supposed to be about Leicas.  I get very tired
seeing postings of lame attempts at personal humor.  If they think its
funny, great, but why share it with everyone else???

I don't agree with you on discussions about specific Leica Lenses,
bodies, or Leica competitors.  The reason that the DR Summicron and G2
generated so much traffic, and I suspect will continue to do so,   was
that people were interested in them.

The list is not here to satisfy all the people all the time.  I
personally find camera bag, camera straps, or astro photography, among
other topics, very useless.  But others like it, and that is what the
list is about--trying to be useful to the majority of participants.

Regards,

Stephen Gandy