Subject: Re: M6 Electronic
From: Paul Young <pauly@sdd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:02:46 -0700 (PDT)

Danny;

Your wishes for M6 improvements are valid. For you.
Much of what makes the M cameras special for me is their
simplicity. There are times when I could imagine having
a Contax G-whiz, as it would fit with certain situations.
But I would improve the M6 by a) removing its meter and
b) adding a version with VF/RF closer to M3 (sans meter
too of course). I suspect that a lot of LUG is drawn to
the M cameras for that simplicity, the ability to have
total control. Just as with shoe sizes, it's not for
everyone, but I for one would hate to see the Leica M
cameras go towards the Contax G.

Paul.