Subject: M6 Electronic
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET (Danny Gonzalez)
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:20:57 -0400 (EDT)

Roger,

I answered a non-loaded question with my idea of what would make for a more
successful M6. For this, I am being ridiculed by the parishoners, with what
I consider "mamby pamby schtick" (non commital innuendous nastiness),
because of my concept of what a next generation M6 should be.

>I'm afraid that you're going to lose this battle in what *you* want in the
>M6. At least in your lifetime.

Tell you what. I'll wager that not only are my wishes cogent (alot of
people think the same way), but that an electronic M6 variant will come
within the next five years from today. If I'm wrong, five years from today,
I buy you a new 'run-of-the-mill' M6. If I'm right, you buy me a new
Aperture priority AE  (whether they get the AE lock right isn't up to me)
M6 Electronic, on the day after first production. Deal?

 >Can't you get it "right" by yourself? Most M6 shooters do! IMHO, an M6
shooter is >limited in speed and "rightness"  only by their own skill,
experience and dexterity; three >attributes of  the best photographers,
not?

Mind your manners Roger. The best photographers do get it right; how, is
their business individually. If you're meaning to imply, as TG did, that my
wishes are symptomatic of some sort of a deficiency, I'm not going to be
happy.

"skill, experience and dexterity", when held up as standards of
photographic achievement sound noble but, I find little excellence in
whether I can twiddle the shutter dial faster than you.

An M6E, or even a CLE, if it had a spot meter, an AE lock and a larger RF
base would be a perfect camera for me. I could, as I wrote earlier, pick my
spot, lock it and frame my photo. All the while saving valuable seconds
over a photographer using a manual camera. With that imagined tool, I could
use my skill and experience to more intently concentrate on photography and
less on the camera.

Now what does the above imply toward your talents Roger?

DG