Subject: FINGER PRINT ON LENS
From: jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 12:15:28 +0500

To the Leica Users Group

The Following is a message from a friend, I am reproducing it here, I will
forward him  any answer.

Last Saturday the son of a close friend of mine, put his little finger on
the back element of my 35 Summilux AHSP, when I realized that I tried to
remove it with a dry microfiber cloth (according to  the Leica
instructions), but what happened was that the print wasn=B4t cleaned at all,
instead, the dirt was all over the back lens, since this is the first time
it happens to me,  I decided leaving it like that and ask for advice, my
question is :

How could I remove that dirt without removing (or scratching) the coating of
the back element ?

From that problem a big question is arising now, How hard is the coating,
and the glass, of Leica Lenses ?, I know there are lenses like the 19mm
f/2.8 R that uses back mounted filters, and many Leica users don=B4t like
using front filters, in that case a lens should be cleaned quite often.

Andres

Thanks in advance,

Jorge Saravia