Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #580
From: Chris Bitmead <ChrisB@ThePla.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 19:43:55 +1000

>The critical question is: -Can the non-AF R8 win a substantial market
>share from the F5 and EOS1N? Well, I honestly don=B4t think so, but
>let us hope that R8 sales will repay the heavy investments made. If
>not, I guess M-prices will rise even higher, with less and less sales,
>until we finally.

Unless Leica have got some wierd market strategy, the success of the R
system has got nothing whatsoever to do with M prices.

Presumably, Leica prices M cameras so that they make the most
profit. If they think they could sell a single M camera per year for
$10,000,000 and make the most profit, or if they think they could sell
500,000 M cameras for $500 and make a bigger profit they will do it.