Subject: M Quality in Modern
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 19:13:18 -0700

In researching the 50 DR, I came across this in 3/85 issue, page 43  Too
Hot to Handle

(from reader)        "Why do you prefer the M3 over the M4?"

(from Modern)     "We prefer the Leica M3 for two reasons:  1. Its
viewfinder is nearly lifesize (actually 92% of lifesize) while the M4's
is approximately 3/4 lifesize. 2.  The M3 is generally better made
internally."

Note that the comparison is with the M4 and M3.  Among those doubting
father Leitz, the M4 is generally viewed as MUCH better than the cameras
which followed it.

Modern's Test of the M6 is 6/85 pg. 70.

Stephen Gandy