Subject: Re: Wezlar/Solms quality.
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 20:42:01 -0400

>I don't understand the discussion which pretends a M6 deficit. I need to say,
>that I never had a Leica (M2, M4, M4-2, blacks and blondes) which has been
>built so acurate as my M6  - you even can't get a hair between bottom and
>body, because it fits so nice.

If you ever have occasion to replace that M6 baseplate be prepared for a
hassle. It may take several tries before you find one that will fit
properly. Seems that precision manufacturing isn't all that precise.

My M2 and M4 both seem to have better "fit" than my M6.

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>