Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #572
From: JayPax@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 11:58:42 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-07-31 03:04:09 EDT, Listmgr@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
writes:

<< The really important thing to bear in mind about Zeiss is that they simply
 cut very few compromises and pay little heed to economic realities:  thus,
 they produce superbly made, superbly designed lenses at
 heart-palpitation-inducing prices.  But, when you want THE very best, well,
 Zeiss is there.

 Let me finish with a caveat:  historically, Leitz and Zeiss designed their
 lenses to rather different standards.  This has changed recently, and the
 newer Leica glass is being designed and produced to standards which now
 make a direct comparison more productive than in the past.

Marc:

Are you saying that Zeiss glass generally is better than Leitz glass or what?
 What are the different standard that they designed their glass to in the
past.  I thought that they were designed with generally the same design
characteristics.  Please enlighten us.

JayPax@aol.com