Subject: Re: Re[2]: red dots and thieves
From: Robert Hudyma <rhudyma@netcom.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 23:47:48 -0400

At 02:04 PM 31/07/97 -0700, you wrote:
>On 31 Jul 97,  Alistair_Stewart_at_LC4001@cc wrote:
>
>Purina Dog Chow, (and most other so-called dry dog foods, for that matter)
>is oily to the point of being impossible to clean such that anyone would
>put any camera gear in it. Though the product is spherical pieces about
>1/2 inch in diameter, those pieces abrade against each other and become a
>crumbly mess inside the bag. The crumbs and oily nature would make it
>one of the last alternatives to normal camera bags.

I have three dogs and I go thru a *lot* of dog food so I hope
that I can speak with some authority.

The innermost liner of the dog chow bag is impermeable plastic,
thats why the soy-bean oil dog chow *never* stains the outside of the bag.
It makes an excellent Brand-Name, all-weather-bag for those that want to
travel incognito. (If it rains you flip the bag inside-out and then
no-one will know that its a Dog Chow bag anymore; but c'est la vie!)

Just give the inside of the bag a quick wipe with a clean towel and you're
ready to Deep-Six your M-Six!  Not only that, replacement bags are as close
as your 7-11, Can't say that about B&H! Can't beat the price either.
And, I have a lifetime supply.

Everytime I ride the New York Subway and I see a Dog Chow bag,
I *know* there's a Leica in there somewhere! Can't recall seeing
any diaper bags yet, great idea, just right for the millenium, and maybe
a new trend is starting. I'll take a look next time I'm in the East Village.

Good nite to all, its late, and I have to feed my dogs.

Robert Hudyma email: rhudyma@netcom.ca.com or rhudyma@aol.com