Subject: Re: red dots and thieves
From: "Garbutt, Robert" <RGarbutt@ncrpexec.telstra.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:32:00 +1000

Try shooting with a (dare I say it) Zeiss-Ikon Nettar.  With the bellows
and quaint little lens people think you are either a) a curiosity, or b)
a joke.  No troubles so far and quieter than an M6 (token Leica
content).  It is extremely light so easy to hold at 1/25 sec but also
has a tripod mount/standard cable release.   Has its own carry case
built in (it folds up).  A 6x6 format that fits in your back pocket.  At
$15 - $65 (Aust) it's a steal  - and if it is stolen not too expensive
to replace - they'd probably give it back anyway.
 >  From: Robert Hudyma

 >  >
 They saw a *camera* and it was an invasion of their
 >  space: it could have
 >  been *any* camera: with red dots, green dots no dots or polka-dots;
it
 >  wouldn't have mattered.
 >  If I muster enough courage to go back there again, I'll bring my Dog
Chow