Subject: RE: Leica fever vaccine
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 9:49:39 -0500

>From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@ricochet.net>
>Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 22:13:04 -0700
>Subject: Re: M-6 focusing precision/ my comparison/Leica fever

>At 03:08 PM 7/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>>Hey, is there a vaccine against Leica fever??????
>>
>>Duane Birkey
>>HCJB World Radio
>>Quito Ecuador

	My monthly bank statement usually does the trick.

- ------------------------------
My wife and I made a wise decision when we first got married to budget
all of our expenses.  We included a monthly budgeted amount for camera
equipment.  Fortunately, I made quite a bit more money back then.

Since I'm now the staff photographer for a non-profit organization, I'm
billing work at near cost and the money received goes into the
department overhead instead of my pocket.  And my bosses would never
approve the purchase of anything Leica.  So, my camera budget is a bit
tighter.  (Is that violin music I hear in the background)  I sold some
and am selling the rest of my Hasselblad stuff to buy Leica,  I'll have
enough to get at least two more lenses.  I certainly won't buy the
fixed EOS lenses I had planned on getting and will instead put the
monies towards M equipment.   I'm not selling my EOS stuff by the way
nor much of my FD equipment and I won't be selling my daughters toys
either!!!!!

And I thought Dengue fever was bad.  (yes, I picked that up on a large,
infamous island just south of Florida)

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador