Subject: Re: Contax G vs. Leica M (was: Gibberish on the LUG)
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:43:35

At 08:59 PM 29/07/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm atypical of most LUGgers in that I'm neither a professional
>photographer nor particularly artistic.  I would classify myself as an
>enthusiastic, perfectionistic, snapshooter.  That's why I was so fond of my
>CLE, and why I think I'll like my G2 even better

Chuck:

Glad you like your G2. And even gladder (?) of how you classify yourself.
I would call myself a fussy taker of happy snaps, who happens to take great
satisfaction in the mechanical and optical quality of Leitz/Leica
equipment. But a great photographer? Never!

I enjoy the contributions of the many excellent pros on this list (as well
as nearly all the others), and have learned a great deal in this forum. But
sometimes I feel overwhelmed by it all.  It's nice to know there are others
of my ilk, lurking about!

Cheers!

David Young, Victoria, CANADA     | If at first you don't succeed...
http://www.islandnet.com/~youngs/ | then skydiving is not for you!