Subject: The "Ugly" red seal
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:22:13 -0400

At 08:43 AM 29-07-97 -0600, Ben added:

>>What I dislike most is the ugly (on the camera) red seal !
>>
>>Lucien
>>BELGIUM
>>
>AND, at the expense of access to the RF's adjustment screw! BTW, if you peel
>off the red dot, how do you reattach it?

I was recently in Toronto, where I had Kindermann (the Canadian Leica
distributer) adjust the vertical displacment of my M6 rangefinder (no
charge, I might add).  The technician was angry because a previous repair
person had used the improper adhesive in re-attaching the red seal, and he
had a hard time in removing it.  Eventually he was successfull, though I
have no idea how he re-attached it.

Dan C.