Subject: Leica vs Porsche
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 04:47:04 -0400 (EDT)

Using the old familiar formula of economics, where prices double every 10
years ---

In 1956  - my house cost me $15,000   -----1997 price $225,000
In 1958  - my new Porsche ----  4,000   -----   "      "        64,000
In  1957 - gasoline was $.26/gal           -----   "      "      $1.48/gal
In  1957 - my Leica w/lens cost --$360  -----         "           3,600

If you will double the 1957 cost 4 times - you will see that the biggest
bargains today
are gasoline and Leicas.

Incidentally - I still have my Leica and home, and wish that I had the old
Porsche too.
It was a great car by 1958 standards but wouldnt hold a candel to todays
Hondas.
Thanks to todays improved films, the Leicas take better pictures now than in
1957.