Subject: Re: M3 D/S -Reply
From: Dave Stedman <DSTEDM@corp.atl.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 06:03:09 -0700

- --=_97C57588.6C0D605B

As I have stated before, I have been "packing" my DS M3 around
for over 40 years now.  I will admit though, I probably go to an
inordinate bother to take care of it.  There isn't any significant (at
least visually) delamination or separation in the rangefinder
glass and mirrors.  No excessive wear in the winding
mechanism as others have stated.  I have two other M3's, one is
a dbl stroke, and the other is a single stroke.  The other dbl
stroke evinces some small amount of wear in the winding
mechanism (back lash in the winding lever) but that's all.  Maybe
the later single stroke's are more robust, but I will take my
original dbl stroke to my grave.

Dave Stedman
- --=_97C57588.6C0D605B