Subject: Non-Leica Camera Ident
From: Peter Keady <pkeady@itw.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 22:59:18 -0400

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this question, but I figure you
guys would be my best start.

I have an old Contax rangefinder camera and am trying to identify it, as
far as model, etc.

It has a falsh shoe on the top with a small Zeiss Ikon emblem anst an
egraved Stuttgart Germany and the ser# T 31825.

It has a Sonnar 50 f1.5 lens labeled Zeiss-Opton Nr 663416 and a red T.

The camera back comes off with two round fold-up catches on the bottom.
The film advance is a round knob with a counter in the middle. Shutter
speeds go from bulb to 1250. There is a small knurled wheel above the
right rangefinder window which can be used to focus the lens, it also
unlocks the lens when set to infinity.

Any ideas? Of what quality is the lens?

Thanks in advance!
- --

Sincerely,

Peter A.

Peter A. Keady - Photographer
314 West Berwick Street
Easton Pa 18042-6558
(610) 559-7848
pkeady@itw.com
Changing the world one photograph at a time