Subject: Leitz car + other daily bothers
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET (Danny Gonzalez)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:46:01 -0400 (EDT)

All,

Please feel free to disagree loudly with what I'm about to write.

Though I make no pretense toward being a paragon of virtue when it comes to
informative postings, I'm a touch perturbed by the sheer volume of inane
ramblings that are filling my mailbox each day.

I just came back from an 8 day trip and, thanks to this list, had 432
messages waiting for me. Now, I might not mind such mail volumes if it were
all as informitive as Erwin Puts postings, but sadly, the majority of what
I came back to was idle banter and subject-free chatter.Like this:

>>Do not apologize for your very good English. If you want to see poor, no...
murdered English, just come here to Silicon Valley USA! I have learned to
understand English spoken and written that is missing every other syllable,
no word endings (ex; what ti the cla say = what time does the clock say<<

or this:

>>Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

As an experienced user of M Leicas and admittedly a new user of a Leicaflex
SL, I have a problem with the Leicaflex.  Everytime I take a picture, the
viewfinder goes blank for just a split second then as if by magic the image
reappears.<<

and this:

>>No need to tell her how much, just suck-up and make her feel good that she has
found she likes Leica. Then just go fer 'em before she realizes you horn
swoggled her in the purchase.

"DO NOT TELL HER I TOLD YOU HOW TO DO THIS!" Wives have ways of "getting
even in the strangest ways" :), she could some how connect with my wife and
my wife has heard all the tricks in the book and she would just take it all
out on me in being helpful to your wife. <s> :)<<
End quoting.....

Maybe I'm being to harsh and I'm unappreciative of the personal
relationships that many of you share. Maybe I'm just having a bad morning.
One reality is sure: I'm getting around 60 messages like this _a day_.

Please; take some of the less useful/interesting posts to email?

I'm begging you....

Best,
Danny Gonzalez