Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #560
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@pi.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:13:01 +0200

At 00:01 24-7-97 -0700, you wrote:

>From: Detlef Beyer <d.beyer@hermes.de>
>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:33:00 +0200
>Subject: Re: M use
>
>>If you're into cheap photography you've come to the wrong place Detlef.
>>Leica equiment has, as you may already know, notoriously high prices.
>>

>Bert - if you like to be proud of spending a lot of money for your
>equipment (seems to be) and that's your reason to get a Leica (isn't it the
>main reason for most of the Leica owner?) - fine. It the same with the
>Leica-Filters. First of all it's hard to get them (if your are on
>travel...) and then you'll have to pay the special Leica price...

No Detlef I'm not very proud I had to spend a lot of money for my Leica
gear. But I don't start complaining about Leica's high prices either. If
you don't like Leica's price policy go and buy a Nikon or Canon SLR. Do you
really want to own a Leica M6? If so, then you'll have to bear the
financial consequences. When you bought your M6 you knew you bought a
camera system with a hefty price tag, therefore don't start complaining now.

The real reason I bought a Leica M6 was that I simply can't work with a SLR
camera. It's just "not my cup of tea".

>The Leica M6 is my favorite camera and to get it I had to pay the price -
>but I will never believe that everything from Leica is worth those
>high-prices.

I agree, $50 for a piece of plastic is a lot of money (not to mention $80),
but if you have a Summicron-M 35mm you just *can't* be without one.

Regards,
Bert