Subject: Re: 70-180 vs. The World
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 25 Jul 97 00:28:43 EDT

Jim Brick wrote:

<<It keeps some of your nerve and heart jitter from moving the firearm (camera.)
It is hand-holdable.>>>>>

Hi Jim,

Man I've blown so many frames in the past few months hand holding on slow
shutter speeds I'm ashamed to admit it and if the weight and size are supposed
to still my skipping heart, I gotta be doing something very wrong!

For whatever reason, I can hand hold my 280 and not loose a frame at speeds
where the 70-180 frames would be going down the tube like slush.

As far as using it at high shutter speeds it is OK, but even then I've dropped
the ball more than I like. But I'm loosing my nerve to use it at 1/30, 1/60
without the monopod and damn it, that is restricting!

Have any advice here for the old guy?

Hell maybe that's the answer, "The old guy is getting old. :)" Damn!

thanks,

ted