Subject: Re: Leicaflex Problem
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 17:45:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Richard Clompus wrote:

> As an experienced user of M Leicas and admittedly a new user of a Leicaflex
> SL, I have a problem with the Leicaflex.  Everytime I take a picture, the
> viewfinder goes blank for just a split second then as if by magic the image
> reappears.  It is just like the effect when someone takes a picture on TV
> and the viewer is looking through the camera.  You never get to see the
> exact picture you took.

If the mirror blackout bothers you, it's probably better that you opted
for a Leicaflex rather than a Zeiss Contaflex in which the mirror stays up
until the film is advanced.

The earlier posting which mentioned the EOS RT with an adapter for Leica
lens sent me digging through the bookcase. A fellow in Massachussetts
together with Marty Forscher in NY adapted a Visoflex to use the partially
transparent mirror of a Canon Pellix together with the necessary
mechanical work to keep the mirror in place during exposure. I wonder
whether one of the noted Leica repair people could do the same with the
Leicaflex.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart