Subject: Leicaflex Problem
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:23:03 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

As an experienced user of M Leicas and admittedly a new user of a Leicaflex
SL, I have a problem with the Leicaflex.  Everytime I take a picture, the
viewfinder goes blank for just a split second then as if by magic the image
reappears.  It is just like the effect when someone takes a picture on TV
and the viewer is looking through the camera.  You never get to see the
exact picture you took.

I think I'll check my Leica catalogue to see if they sell a 50mm external
viewer I can slide on the hot shoe.  Then I can focus through the lens and
meter and then shift my view through the external viewfinder so that the
image won't go blank when I take the picture.

I wonder why Leica didn't think of this?  The relfex camera design is only
a poor imitation of the rangefinder ;-)

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA