Subject: Re: M use
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 23:23:40 -0700

At 07:33 AM 7/24/97 +0200, Detlef wrote:

>Sorry for my poor english.
>
>cu,
>
>Detlef

Do not apologize for your very good English. If you want to see poor, no...
murdered English, just come here to Silicon Valley USA! I have learned to
understand English spoken and written that is missing every other syllable,
no word endings (ex; what ti the cla say = what time does the clock say,
meaning, what time is it!), L's and R's swapped, F's and TH's swapped, and
Ebonics is just 40 miles up highway 880 from here (Oakland). So all you
LUGgers that keep apologizing for your English, please don't. Your English
is GREAT! I love it.

Jim

ps, I know another Detlef. A friend in Carmel CA, his name is Detlef
Bittner and he owns a Fine Pen store (Mont Blanc, Pelikan, etc.)
www.bittner.com . How common is the name Detlef ?

thanks again,

Jim