Subject: Re: Camera Karma (4x5 Linhof, - cool!)
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 20:14:50 -0700

- ----------
> From: Jim Brick
>
> I used 4x5 and 8x10 camera. . .

Great posting, Jim! There is something addicting about sharpness and
detail, perhaps a gene that makes one susceptible. Then one taste of Leica
negs or slides and you're hooked for life. And it doesn't always start and
end w/ Leica. I just found a Graphic View II with Kodak Ektar 203mm f7.7
lens (along with an odd enlarger made by "Belfort" with some kind of gov't
or military nameplate - it looks like an Omega 4x5 and has autofocus rails
for three lenses - I digress, but has anyone heard of a Belfort enlarger?)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying it out. The bellows look perfect, and
there are so many tilts, swings and swivels that the camera could take a
picture of itself. I use Velvia exclusively for M6 landscapes - my
"Northcoast" film that captures a zillion shades of green here in the
coastal Redwoods and fog country. Velvia in a 4x5 must be awesome! Where do
you get it developed?

Have fun!    Gary