Subject: Re: Camera Karma (4x5 Linhof, push DEL if not interested) LONG!
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:51:50 -0700

On 22 Jul 97,  Jim Brick wrote:

<snip>

> Even my wife is excited about the images and often says "when are you
> going to do more 4x5 stuff." This has never happened before! I don't know
> how to handle this spousal attitude!!!

Though my wife likes my chromes of flowers, bugs and other fauna, what
really blows her away is the 4 x 5 Linhof MT work of a local friend. He
works with Leica R, Hassy and the Linhof, but it is the big work that
adorns every square inch of his home's walls and occasionally local
galleries and churches that draws the oohs and aahs from the viewers.

I bet that if I asked the following of my wife, in just this way, the
answer would be immediate and affirmative. "Hon, I was thinking of getting
one of those cameras like Franco uses for those pictures in his house"!

Let's see now, what lens shall I start with. . .
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Dictatorship (n): a form of government under which everything
      which is not prohibited is compulsory.