Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 21:02:26 -0700

On 22 Jul 97,  Jim Brick wrote:

<snip>

> The camera for you is the camera that your psyche feels best with. That
> your subconscious can operate. And your creativity flows through. Don't
> buy it because of its techno-wizardry or for its status. Neither one
> makes images. That comes from you.

Though I'm not disagreeing with you, Jim, my own case seems a bit
different. If I take a strange anything (I know, you guys are thinking,
woman, whereas I truly mean mainly devices such as cameras) and work with
it in a concentrated way for a varying period of time, I can and do become
accustomed to it and downright fond of it. My fingers and reflexes (here
we go again) become trained in the way they must go and it soon becomes
habit and comfortable.

That said, I can and have become comfortable with whatever I have used.
I'm not one of those that believes that "everyone has a talent, if we can
just find it"! I haven't a talent (talent not liking) in my body and my
photography shows it. It, however, pleases me and dutifully records what I
want to record, particularly in the field of natural history.

Lastly, like it or not, technology sells! Most buyers truly believe that
because the photo credits show Canon and Nikon as super predominant, they
will buy same. After all, they are just as creative as the notable
photographers whose work they see. Wrong!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Dictatorship (n): a form of government under which everything
      which is not prohibited is compulsory.