Subject: Re: MMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRR
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 21:51:37 +0000

On 21 Jul 97 at 17:58, NickDaisly@aol.com wrote:

> Hello world -
>
> Now, I have only been a member of the forum for a week, so it may be
> that I am getting a completely unrepresentative view of things.
> [snip]
>  But I have heard
> nothing so far from anyone who admits to having a type III or
> similar.  Is there no-one else out there who does serious
> photography with a pre-war Leica?

Give us time.  The availability of Russian glass in the Leica thread
mount has breathed some new life into the pre-M bodies.

I don't know as I'd call what I do with my IIIc's "serious"
photography, but  I do find them to be - despite the rigors of
getting the film loaded properly and the godawful tiny
viewfinder/rangefinder windows - to be quiet and easily toted.  Do I
dare say before this august group that they are great point & shoots?
Written by:
   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"