Subject: Re: Fotomagazin vs. ColorFoto
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:35:09 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 21.07.97  19:12:50, schreiben Sie:

<< True, but at the same time both magazines excel in comparing the
 uncomparable. Both magazines had a field day trying to compare the Contax
 G1 to Leica's M6.  >>

I don't know how Color Foto did it, but we at FotoMagazin had several field
days and numorous lab days to compare the only two 35 mm non-slr cameras w/
interchangeable lenses. BTW: I liked the M6 more than the G1.

I strongly believe that Leica lenses are amongst the best lenses of the
world. But this fact does not make them uncomparable. It is the same with
cameras. And the fact that one cannot see the 28 mm frame of a M6 with his
glasses on is a clear disadvantage of that camera, for example. Anybody who
is not willing to see that is infected by the Leica PR dept. blah blah. And
the fact that a very experienced photographer is able to focus himself in a
surprisingly high number of cases is also no merit of the camera, which does
not support him in that task.

Frank