Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:06:31 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 19.07.97  23:54:18, schreiben Sie:

<< As far as the German magazine, what the hell do they know about cameras?
It is
 easy for any camera magazine to make comparisons, of which most comparisons
are
 made in relation to the dollar revenue derived from the various
advertisements.
 And to take any great value in what is posted in a magazine leaves one to a
very
 large question mark about their birth rights! :)

Ted,

I am very sorry, but all in all, you sound a little bit stupid to me.

FotoMagazin is the leading german amateur photographers magazin. It is made
in the land where at least five camera manufacturers (Leica, Rollei, Minox,
Linhof, Noble) are actually designing and making cameras (how many camera
makers - which make cameras in at least four digit production numbers - are
there in the US, by the way?). Foto Magazin is also the mag, where I worked
in the editorial staff and performed camera tests on my own. FotoMagazin
Tests are published all over europe as there are some licese agreements with
Italy, Czech Republic and other countries.

The advertisement budget of Leica and Contax for FotoMagazin is about the
same amount, with Leica being rather bigger than Contax.