Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 13:48:31 -0700

On 21 Jul 97,  FKemper@aol.com wrote:

<snip> re: testing of Contax RTS III and Leica R8

> I personally would not buy any of both cameras, because I prefer AF with
> contemporary SLR cameras.
>
> Frank

Yep, and so do the absolutely overwhelming number of pros who "bring home
the bacon" with Canon EOS1n and now, since its introduction, the Nikon F5.
Don't get me wrong, I like Leica. I sold off my EOS1n kit to go Leica, BUT
if I were doing general, "all kinds" of photography as a working pro, I'd
still have it and be adding to it. The glass is far better than most on
this list would admit; just a shade off Leica in fit and finish (assuming
the pro line lenses), but easily able to take what the pros dish out.

My M6 and R6.2 are prized possessions, but you must give credit where
credit is due. The pros do!

Ok, shields are up. . .
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Book (n): a utensil used to pass time while waiting
      for the TV repairman.